Weekend Adventures

Holy smokes. Last weekend was so full!

My husband and I ran some errands Friday night to get ready for the rest of the weekend. It was our town’s annual celebration. The park near our house is where all of the festivities happen, so we don’t usually get much sleep since the beer garden and live music close down around 1am.

It poured Friday night, though, so we didn’t have to be up too late. Saturday morning was the co-ed softball tournament followed by the parade. I’ve figured out the best way to get the most candy at parades. It’s crazy how well it works.

I didn’t play softball in high school, but when we were dating, my husband asked me to be on his team because they were short one girl. I was terrible. I was afraid of the ball and couldn’t hit to save my life. I’ve gotten a lot better, but am not a great player by any means. The tournament was fun. We lost the first game, and because of the rain the night before, thought the tournament would go to single elimination (you’re done if you lose one game) because there was only one field to play on. The guy organizing everything somehow arranged for teams to be able to play on a different field, so after thinking we were out of the tournament, he told us it was going back to double elimination (you’re out after you lose 2 games), and we would play in a couple hours. The day a pretty chaotic. We didn’t know where we were going to play or what time until the last minute, and it felt like we played 20 games. Finally, at 11:30pm, we came out as co-champions. It was a long a tiring day.

I slept like a log Saturday night, but when I woke up I could barely move. My muscles were so sore!

We had a lazy and uneventful morning then some friends came over. We grilled burgers and hung out. After supper we went to the park and played lava tag with their daughters. We were all a little stiff and slower than usual from playing softball all day, but it was really fun.

After our friends left, my sister and I walked to the store to get some milk. Our trip was interrupted when we saw a dog walking in the middle of the road. She was sweet and came right up to us, so we took her back to the house and put her in the travel kennel and posted her picture on Facebook. By this morning it had been shared more than 60 times, and we found her family!





Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s