Hyteroscopic lysis of adhesions (you can see the adhesions in the picture). That’s what my doctor did yesterday.

We arrived at the hospital around 10:30 and I believe I went in to surgery around 11:30. Everything went well in regards to removing the scar tissue. I didn’t bleed excessively (which was a concern of the doctors considering my diagnosis of Von Willebrand’s Disease). The doctor did find that there was significantly more scar tissue than the original ultrasound showed. During that ultrasound they tried to inject fluid into my uterus so they could see how widespread the scarring was, but since the opening was scarred shut, they couldn’t get any fluid in, making it difficult to know for sure how much scarring was present. The entire right side of my uterus was covered in scar tissue. We didn’t get a chance to ask, but it sounded like the opening to my right Fallopian tube was scarred shut, too. I will ask at our post-op appointment on the 20th. The left side of my uterus has healthy tissue and my left Fallopian tube is wide open, so be praying that the healthy tissue would grow throughout the entire thing and cover those spots that once had scar tissue. Because God can absolutely make that happen! He can make healthy tissue where there is none!

The surgery itself took about an hour, and I woke up in recovery around 1. Normally anesthesia makes me feel pretty crappy – nauseous, loopy, and weak. I felt loopy and weak this time, but not nauseous! Thank you, Jesus!

I don’t think I stayed in recovery for too long. They just had to keep me until I peed which I had to do right when I woke up. They offered a bed pan, but I said, “no,” because nobody says yes to a bed pan if they can help it.

Then I got wheeled back to my room where my wonderful husband was waiting for me. The ride back wasn’t fun. I know I told the lady to take it slow, but it felt like we were going so fast we could’ve been drifting around every corner. I was thankful when my chair came to a stop.

I was in and out of sleeping for a while, while nurses took my vitals and made sure everything was ready when it was time to go. We got my medicine and left the hospital around 3. I slept all the way to Target, where Jamin had to pick up a few things. I thought I had only been sleeping for 20 minutes but it had been more than an hour.

We got home around 5:30, and Jamin made me a nest on the couch because he is the best husband in the universe. His mom and her husband got to our place just as I was getting settled in. They brought supplies for taco salad for Jamin and Dee and brought me bread sticks from Martin Brothers. I think Olive Garden gets their bread sticks from Martin Brothers because they taste exactly the same! I had 2 for supper, took some pills, and proceeded to sleep the night away.

I was able to stay awake long enough to watch an episode of A Series of Unfortunate Events, then it was really bed time. I think we all went to bed at 9:30!

I woke up this morning feeling much better than last night. Because of bleeding in the past, they didn’t want to give me a regular pain medication that might make it worse, so they gave me a narcotic. The pharmacist recommended I use it for at least the first 24 hours to help with the pain, but I didn’t want to be so out of it, so we have just been using Motrin, and I HAVE HAD NO PAIN!

So many people were praying that I wouldn’t have pain and cramping. Because there is a balloon in my uterus while it heals, the doctor told me to expect cramping until they take it out on the 20th. But God was gracious to do what we asked, and He is making my uterus accept the balloon and not contract against it.

Continue to pray against the scar tissue returning because the doctor said that is a possibility. Pray that I don’t develop any infections and that I continue to be pain free. Thank you for your continued prayers!


Healthy tissue and left tube opening. It sorta looks like a planet since the image is a circle.

2 thoughts on “Recovery

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s